Vinod Jain leads this conversation where I share the path that led me to coaching, what I believe about certain things, and how coaching works.
- More about Vinod Jain (Episode #68)
- A typical day for John
- Money Coaching at Capital One
- Early influences and career path
- Getting clear on personal beliefs and ultimately personal ownership
- Early career dissatisfaction and overseas travel
- Seeing a theme of meaning and seeking more of it through coaching
- Ending unnecessary suffering
- The importance of reading
- Getting into podcasting
- Untangling Christianity podcast
- 100 podcasts/blog posts idea
- The path of following different interests
- The power of genuine curiosity and deep listening
- Leading From Within with Stephani Roy McCallum (Episode #65)
- John’s first coach Carolyn Campbell (Episode #72)
- Personal insights that come from speaking out loud
- Coaching the person instead of the problem
- Resonance as an indicator
- Holding a perspective that other people are creative, resourceful and whole and what that brings
- What’s the formula to good coaching?
- Making money vs. serving
- Letting go of attachment to outcome
- Does everyone need a coach?
- Can you coach yourself?
- Setting the coaching agenda
All songs licensed under Creative Commons