Brad Solomon and I continue our reflections and riffs about what’s present to us. This time it’s about being present, journaling, and the power (and difficulty) of getting clear about what you want.
- My longest answer ever to “how are you doing?”
- Showing up as the best version of whatever is present
- My break from the news through Future Self Journaling
- Brad’s reflection that therapy focuses on the past and coaching focuses on the future–what modality do we have that focuses on the present?
- Neither of us is missing our break from Twitter and the way it brings us down
- Learning from animals–how clean their requests are and how easily they let things go
- “What do you desire?”
- Often a more powerful self-inquiry than “What do you want?” or “What do you need?”
- “Reported on world” vs. a “created world”
- The obligations we find ourselves under often come from our past–woulds, coulds, shoulds, need to, etc.
- When you are doing something you love you don’t have to push yourself forward
- What story are you telling yourself?
- What story do you want to be in?
- Humans seem to be the only animal that puts barriers in the way of what they want
- Daily writing exercise about what you want
- What’s really going on “inside here” instead of “what’s going on outside there?”
- You can’t figure out what you want if you aren’t completely honest with yourself
- Write down what you want
- For extra power and clarity read it out loud
More Episodes Exploring What You Want
All songs licensed under Creative Commons