One of the best things about going to conferences and asking questions is the little gifts you get in return. This gem comes Rory Kaluza, Digital Marketing Director, at Digital Apittude. In his break-out session on SEO, Rory mentioned the value of adding free stock photos to sites under development. Photos increase the engagement and fun of blog posts even if the picture has nothing to do with the post–like this one.
I asked Rory where he liked to get stock photos and he recommended morgueFile. Here’s what I like about morgueFile:
- No attribution required–just use the photo
- Adding an attribution clause to the photo or bottom of the post takes time
- I link back to the place on got the file anyway so that someone else can find it again
- All the photos are really high quality
- It’s much faster than rooting through the hit-and-miss of Flickr